Appropriate education for the student.

Know who to call!

Frequently asked questions

Children with special care needs often have access to a pre-school care setting such as MKD, Lunet, Heimdal, KluppluZ, etc. When it is time for the child to enter primary school, its discussed with parents what form of education will be most appropriate.
If, on the basis of the child's development, regular primary education is available, parents will register their child in writing at the regular primary school of their choice. When registering, parents indicate that their child has received extra support and indicate what the support needs of their child are. The school then has a care duty.

Sometimes regular primary education does not seem to be the most appropriate place for the child, or it is not clear which form of education is most appropriate.
The partnership considers it critical that regular education is involved in determining the type of education that will be most appropriate. This can be done in various ways.

  1. Parents register to their preferred primary school. This school has a care duty and guides parents in their search for the best appropriate education for their child. If that is SBO or SO, then the regular school will apply for the TLV.
  2. Parents indicate their preferred regular school, but do not register. The pre-school setting notifies this regular school in time to help search for primary education. The school, together with the pre-school setting and parents, investigates what the educational support need of the child is. If SO or SBO is most appropriate, the regular school will apply for the TLV.
  3. The pre-school consults with a appropriate education coordinator (CPO) for guidance regarding education. The CPO, or a regular school that is engaged by the CPO for this purpose, examines the educational support needs of the child together with the pre-school and parents. The CPO or the school involved writes a short report of his/her findings. If SBO or SO is the most appropriate place for education, parents must register in writing at the SBO or SO school of their choice. This school then has a care duty and will apply for the TLV.
  4. Parents register directly in writing with the SBO or SO school of their choice. This school has a care duty and will apply for the TLV.

Schools are obliged to offer parents the opportunity to register their child directly in writing. The registration form can be found on the school website or will be sent immediately at the request of the parents. Parents can't be forced to attend an exploratory meeting before registering in writing.

A school's care duty begins once parents register their child in writing. When registering, parents are obliged to provide the school with all the information the school needs to determine the student's educational and support needs.

The school has six weeks to see if it can meet the student's needs after registration. If the school needs more time for this, this term may be extended by four weeks. The school will inform parents of this in writing before six weeks have elapsed, explaining why they need more time. If the school has not made a decision after ten weeks and the child is of mandatory school age, and is not already registered at a school, the school will (temporarily) offer the pupil a seat (by law).

School Support Profile

The school support profile describes what basic support the school provides and what additional support the school provides. The SOP can be found on the school's website.

If a child already attends a school and it turns out that the child needs more support than can be provided by the basic support, the school will provide additional support.

A development perspective plan (OPP) has been drawn up for all students for whom extra support is deployed that meets the legal requirements.

If a school cannot (any longer) meet the support needs of a child, even with the use of extra support, then the school is reluctant to act. The care duty also applies here. The school will look for another school that can offer the needed support. This can be another primary school, but it can also be a SBO or SO school. If it is a SBO or SO school, the primary school will apply for an admission statement (TLV). To apply for a TLV, a recent OPP that meets the legal requirements is required.

Parents can register their child at a SBO or SO school with a TLV. The SBO or SO school where the parents have registered their child has a care duty and investigates whether the school can meet the support needs of the child.

A child cannot be registered at a SBO or SO school before the start date of the TLV.

First TLV
The school where a child is enrolled or registered applies for a TLV SBO or SO.
The first TLV for students who will start at an SBO or SO school immediately after the summer holidays must be requested at least six weeks before the start of the summer holidays.

TLV extension
The SBO school where a child attends applies for the TLV extension from the partnership that issued the first TLV SBO.
Same for SO, the SO school where a child attends applies for the TLV extension from the partnership that issued the first TLV SO.
Both parents and regular education provide their opinions regarding placement at SBO or SO.
A TLV extension must be requested at least ten weeks before the start of the summer holiday.

A TLV is not issued retroactively. The start date is not before the date on which the application file is complete and admissible submitted to the partnership. A pupil may not be enrolled at an S(B)O school before the start date of the TLV.

The TLV procedure is described in the appendix of the support plan.
Schools can apply for the TLV via LDOS. You can find a manual for this online.
The timeframe within which the partnership handles the TLV application is a maximum of six weeks.

TLV applications for students who want to start at an S(B)O school immediately after the summer holidays must be submitted six working weeks before summer holidays (before 24-05-2024). If the application is submitted later, it cannot be guaranteed that the TLV will be issued before the summer holidays. In the case of a transition from BaO to S(B)O, this means that the student will remain enrolled at the BaO until after the summer holidays.

Flowchart TLV Request (in Dutch)
Manual TLV procedure LDOS
Support plan – description TLV procedure

View useful
documents and links here

You may have stumbled upon our website, but are you looking for another partnership? Here you will find a number of partnerships in the area.

Primary education partnerships

[PO 3003] SWV Breda and surroundings
Baarle-Nassau, Breda, Chaam (part of municipality Alphen-Chaam), Dongen, Drimmelen, Etten-Leur, Geertruidenberg, Gilze en Rijen, Oosterhout, Zundert

[PO 3004] SWV Plein 013 (Tilburg and surroundings)
Tilburg region

[PO 3005] SWV PO De Meijerij (Den Bosch and surroundings) 
Den Bosch, Boxtel, Haaren, Maasdriel, Meierijstad (Schijndel), Sint-Michielsgestel, Vught, Zaltbommel

[PO 3006] SWV PO 3006 (Oss, Uden, Veghel and surroundings)
Bernheze, Landerd, Uden, Meierijstad, Oss, Uden

[PO3007] SWV Appropriate Education PO Eindhoven (Eindhoven, Best, Son en Breugel)
Best, Eindhoven, Son & Breugel

[PO3008] SWV Helmond-Peelland PO
Asten, Boekel, Deurne, Geldrop-Mierlo, Gemert-Bakel, Heeze, Helmond, Laarbeek, Nuenen, Someren

[PO3009] SWV PO De Kempen
Bergeijk, Bladel, Cranendonck, Eersel, Heeze-Leende, Oirschot, Reusel-De Mierden, Valkenswaard, Veldhoven, Waalre

[PO3103] SWV PO3103
Weert and Nederweert

Secondary education partnerships

[VO3007] RSV Eindhoven Kempenland

[VO3008] SWV Helmond Peelland VO

[VO3006] SWV VO 3006

One goal: Together for the children.

Everyone deserves the education and support they need.